powered by SignMyGuestbook.com

Get your ow
n diary at DiaryLand.com! contact me older entries newest entry

Monday, May. 06, 2002 - 4:30 p.m.

In the past several days since my last entry, I've been immersed in work: performance art, modern dance, showtunes (argh!), and Iranian (Kurdish, to be exact) folk music. Some of these shows were pleasant, some were annoying, and some were sheer hell. My show on Saturday was especially bad. Despite being shouted at by a bunch of assholes regarding issues that were out of my control, I kept a relative level of coolness. I left the shouting to our Technical Director, who had been looking for someone to attack all day. He loves to play his "This theater can get real dark and real quiet if you don't cooperate" card.

So I had a shitty day, and on my way into the apartment, I ran into my roommate and A. Sherman, who had been on a bender since before noon. I ended up heading with them to a bar in the East Village, where I consumed too much Brooklyn Lager. I had a good time. Ben, Derek, and Levy were there, there was a duo of DJs spinning an eclectic bunch of punk and New Wave. Some friend of Derek's who's a comedian from L.A. was hopping around like a freak and drinking lots of margaritas. This apparently, is a sure-fire way to meet women. Go figure.

Anyway, I got home around 3:30, and I had to be at work at 8:30. I slept right through my alarm, and awoke at exactly 9:00. After running around shouting "Fuck" at the top of my lungs for about 90 seconds, I was out the door, running for the subway. I was an hour and twenty minutes late, with less than an hour until the house was scheduled to open for the show. People were pissed off at me. I was pissed off at myself. The show went fine.

It took me forever to get home. I was supposed to drop off some equipment with my boss downtown. There was a fire on the 1,2, and 3 tracks, so I couldn't take the train. There were several parades and street fairs in New York City yesterday, so I probably couldn't take a cab where I want to go even if I could have found one. I made other arrangements for the equipment and walked across town until I got to another subway line.

Had dinner at the Bourum Hill Food company around 6 o'clock. This was my first and only meal of the day.


previous - next

about me - read my profile! read other Diar
yLand diaries! recommend my diary to a friend! Get
 your own fun + free diary at DiaryLand.com!